- We recognise that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Name and contact details
- Investment information
- Correspondence with staff at Oyster
- Cookies which track your visits to this website
- Your IP address and browser details
- Survey information – Your responses to customer surveys conducted by us, or on our behalf
- Your use of our website, apps and social media platforms – Details of your visits to our website, your use of social media platforms and our mobile applications and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technology including information that you look at.
- Online Identifiers – such as your mobile device advertising identifier and geo-location data when using one of Oyster’s mobile applications.
How do we use this personal information?
We will use this information for the following reasons:
- Communicating with you on marketing, promotional or publicity matters
- Contacting you regarding market research or surveys
- Improving our website and its content
- Any other use that you have consented to, or is directly related to the reasons for the information being provided
How do we store and secure personal information?
Oyster uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that all personal information is securely protected against loss, unauthorised access and other misuse. We have a range of physical and technology measures in place to provide a robust security environment. However, due to the nature of the Internet and email systems, we are unable to guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
We will not disclose your personal information to other people or agencies except where:
- You have authorised such disclosure
- Disclosure is to a law enforcement agency that is entitled to such information under its statutory powers
- We are required to provide the information by law
- Disclosure is required for safety and security purposes
- Disclosure was part of the purpose for collection of the information
- Disclosure is necessary to market, review or improve our services or facilities
Correction of your personal information
You have the right at any stage to request us to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. If you believe that there is an error in the personal information we hold, we will respond to any request by you to correct personal information held about you as soon as practicable following receipt of such request.
You can contact us at +64 9 632 1287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consent to Electronic Messages
Please note that we collect information on website activity (such as the number of users who visit our website, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what country and what systems users have used to access the site and, when entering our website from another website, the address of that website) through the use of ‘cookies’. This information does not identify you personally but is useful for statistical purposes and the administration and improvement of our website.
You should note that cookies cannot read data on your hard drive. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not. If you do not accept cookies, some pages may not function fully and you may not be able to access certain information on the site.
New Zealand Law
These terms and you use of our website are governed by New Zealand law.